Date Posted: November 12, 2014
Job Title: Underwriter
Department: Commercial Lending - 20012 S. Wolf Road, Mokena, IL
Contact: Norma Mitchell, Human Resources, Nmitchell@oldplanktrailbank.com
Job Status: Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial information to assist loan officers in making subsequent lending decisions.
- Assist lenders with preparing loan presentations for approval.
- Assist loan officers in monitoring loan relationships for compliance with the Loan Agreement
- Borrowing base monitoring
- Work with Loan Officer to collect specific information necessary to make informed credit decisions. Examples include financial information from borrowers and industry information and market data from various other sources
- *Other duties as assigned.
- A general familiarity with: major credit and depository services the bank offers to corporate customers; Federal and State banking regulations; the Bank's operational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in a Commercial portfolio management or sales setting preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and proficient in time management skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong analytical and credit data research skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as on your own with little direction
- College graduate with a major in business, finance or accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial underwriting, portfolio management or sales experience.
- Candidate must have good analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Applicant must be proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word. Completion of a bank-sponsored commercial credit training program ideal.
Old Plank Trail Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Title: Part-time Teller
Department: New Lenox 280 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox, IL
Contact: Norma Mitchell, Human Resources email@example.com
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all customers and co-workers.
- Project a positive image of the bank through a neat appearance and professional manner.
- Operate a teller drawer to serve customers and/or bank personnel by:
- Accepting commercial and consumer deposits, verifying cash and endorsements, and processing transactions on the computer.
- Identify customers vs. non-customers and follow the check cashing policies.
- Provide additional customer services including cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s cheques, savings bonds, license stickers, stamps, etc.
- Balance cash drawer daily and follow teller difference policy.
- Comply with all department, bank, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating workflow.
- Recognize potential cross-sell opportunities and direct customers to appropriate bank personnel.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and bank objectives and goals.
- May be responsible for bank opening/closing
- Travel between branches is required; some travel between banks may be necessary
- May assist with training new employees and answering co-workers questions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will be customer-oriented and a team player.
- Pleasant and inviting demeanor
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and the ability to multi-task are a must.
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Solid cash handling experience required – prior teller experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- High School diploma or equivalent
Old Plank Trail Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Old Plank Trail Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer