Date Posted: August 21, 2015
Job Title: Part-time Teller
Department: Lansing-3256 Ridge Road, Lansing, IL
Contact: Norma Mitchell, Human Resources, email@example.com
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all customers and co-workers.
- Project a positive image of the bank through a neat appearance and professional manner.
- Operate a teller drawer to serve customers and/or bank personnel by: Accepting commercial and consumer deposits, verifying cash and endorsements and processing transactions on the computer.
- Identify customers vs. non-customers and follow the check cashing policies.
- Provide additional customer services including cashier's checks, money orders, traveler's cheques, savings bonds, license stickers, stamps, etc.
- Balance cash drawer daily and follow teller difference policy.
- Comply with all department, bank, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating workflow.
- Recognize potential cross-sell opportunities and direct customers to appropriate bank personnel.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and bank objectives and goals.
- May be responsible for bank opening/closing.
- Travel between branches is required; some travel between banks may be necessary.
- May assist with training new employees and answering co-workers questions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will be customer-oriented and a team player.
- Pleasant and inviting demeanor
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and the ability to multi-task are a must.
- Exceptional customer service experience
- Solid cash handling experience required - prior teller experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Old Plank Trail Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/Vet/Disability